Saturday, September 05, 2020

How To... Meet for Coffee with a motorcycle rider.

 If we decide to meet for coffee during one of my (motorcycle)trips, here are some tips.


In Short: Keep it Simple. 

Meet at some easy-to-find place where we can talk and have coffee.


The more elaborate version...


The Goal:

To meet and to listen to eachother.

Hence we optimise "coffee time" and face-2-face time.

I don't want to have to search too much, or have to go through hoops to park the moto in some vague-underground-payable parking, nor do I want to walk for >1km in motorcycle-gear.


Requirements, in order of priority:

- A place to sit, quietly, to have coffee and a snack.

- Easy to get to for both of us: near your office/home, easy to find via GPS. 

- Ideally, a moto-parking where I can keep an eye on the bike. 80% of my life is loaded onto that motorcycle when I travel.

With the above, Simple, instructions, we should be able to arrange a good meeting.



Bad Examples, things to avoid...

1. Sightseeing and showoff are not a priority. 

You don't  need to Show-Off your landmarks and there is no urgent need to show me around your city. E.g. don't ask me to meet under the Eiffel tower or in front of Sagrada Familia. I already have those pictures, and getting there can be complicated for both of us during normal daytime hours. Talk-time is more important than sightseeing. (I might make an exception for Red Square and Kremlin, or for for the statue of Genghis Khan, I don't have selfies there yet... ).

2. No Office. 

There is no need to "check me into your office". It is often easier to meet outside, much less hassle and less parking+security complications. I'll make an exception for Abakus.si: I have really enjoyed working from their offices, occasionally, for about 6 years now.

3. Not too much food.  

Quality of Coffee + Snacks is not crucial. I don't eat much when travelling. Even MacD will do if not too busy with kids. Exchange of Ideas is the main aim, and that can be done almost anywhere.

4. No pages of instructions. 

Don't worry about "detailed directions". Just give me the GPS-coordinates or a clear address. My GPS, combined with google-maps, can find most places. Parking for a moto is not a problem in most cities (some French and Dutch cities have special regulations for motorcycles though).


Let me now if the above is too Pedantic... 



No comments:

 

This is the footer...and this should be small text for disclaimers and the like. and some small stuff

Locations of visitors to this page And this text is placed next to the map. we could possibly hide some stuff here too for the benefit of the search-engines and if it is at color ffffff cam we put all sort of rubbish that we do not want readers to see. travel itinirary reservation ticket agent flight plane boarding attendant train connection rail ticket wait time booking flight boardingtime taxi ramp luggage suitcase trolley wheely laptop bagpack corpaorate wifi connection oracle. it will also be interesting to see what happens when this wrap around. or even if we put in spherus and worwood as additional word.